• About 1 min read
My New Desktop
It has been long due. Just built a new desktop. Here are different parts I used to build this beauty. (Updated Cost)
- i7 4790 3.6 GHz (Haswell) - Can’t Reveal - (Market Price $300)
- Asus Micro MATX B85-G R2.0 Intel LGA1150 - $50
- ADATA XPG V1.0 DDR3 1866 2x4 GB RAM - $50
- OCZ Vertex 460A Series 2.5" 240 GB - $60
- WD Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200 RPM, 64MB Cache - $45
- Ultra LSP V2 650 Watt PSU - $30
- Ultra XBlaster Pro U12-42350 Case - $15
- Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blue Ray Burner - $20
- Das Keyboard V4
- Evoluent Ergo Right Mouse
Total Value - $580 (Excluding Keyboard/Mouse)
It is up and running Arch Linux with BTFRS file system, Plasma 5 Desktop and so on. Over the next few posts, I will be posting my installation ordeals.
Do not forget to add your comments below. Please add your alternative solutions to anything I did.