Desktop Upgrade: 2021
Its been quite long since I last made any update to my Desktop at home. After a full year of working from home, I finally decided to make it more modern.
My old desktop was a decent workhorse outlined here.
After some thinking I decided to update my CPU to AMD Ryzen 5 3600, instead of another Intel one. Ever since leaving Intel my trust on their products have been going down at ever alarming rate!
Here is my upgraded configuration:
- AMD - Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
- MSI - MPG B550 Gaming Plus Motherboard
- Corsair - Vengeance RGB PRO 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
- Western Digital - SN750 NVMe SSD
- Western Digital - Blue 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
- Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
- Cooler Master - MasterCase Pro 5
- Corsair RM750i 750w ATX PSU 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular
- TP-Link - Archer T9E PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter
- Dell UltraSharp 27 4K USB-C Monitor - U2720Q
- Das 4 Professional Keyboard
- Logitech MX Master 3 Mouse
- Logitech C505e HD Business Webcam
The main difference from my old desktop is in AMD CPU, WD NVMe SSD, Dell 4K Monitors and new Logitech MX Master Mouse.
In the next post, I will also add my guide to install Ubuntu on this machine using BTRFS and luks based full disk encryption.